The Magic Returns.

14:33:00


July 7th, 2011 marked the end of an era when the fans lined the street for the world premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Sure the journey of Harry ultimately defeating Voldemort had come to an end 4 years prior when J.K Rowling published the last remaining book of the series but with the end of both the books and films it really was the end of the boy wizard who had captured our hearts.

Over the years my love of the series never faded like many predicted, I am still just as much in love with it as I was all those years ago when I first discovered the wizarding world. I have visited the studios in Watford twice, continued to buy Harry Potter merchandise on a  regular basis and have plans to get the deathly hallows symbol tattooed on the inside of my foot sometime in the near future. So with my love still shining brightly, you can imagine how excited I felt when I heard about the brand new Harry Potter story that was going to be released as a two part play. 

Me and my best friend immediately started making plans, she's an equally massive Harry Potter fan so we of course had to see this next chapter together. Although it was not easy, we managed to finally get tickets to see the show on the 14th December. But after booking them at the beginning of the year it was a very long wait, so the news of them also releasing the play as a book could not have made me happier. I would not have to wait until December to discover the next chapter in the series, instead I would get the chance to learn it 5 months earlier.

I ordered the book online, the release date was a Sunday, I always work Sunday's and did not want to risk it been sold out when I got the chance to go buy it. Plus by ordering it online I was promised the book for half price, so I ordered it with the option of having it sent to my house and from then it was just a waiting game really.

Details regarding Cursed Child slowly began to emerge, including the names of the slightly controversial cast that had been selected to play our favourite characters. I must be honest and admit that I was slightly sceptical when I first saw the cast, but I adapted pretty quickly. The cast may have caused controversy due to the fact many now associate Hermione's look as Emma rather than what J.K Rowling wrote, but no matter who they cast they would always be scepticism unless there was some miracle that saw Daniel, Rupert and Emma sign on for the project, so I let it brush off me. All these little snippets made me even more excited for the play, and especially the book. The story of Harry Potter had began as a set of books, and it was great to know that I would get the chance to experience the latest instalment through reading it first then seeing it come to life. Just like I had with many of the later books.

As July 31st grew closer, so did my excitement. I was not actually due to receive the book until August 2nd due to postal arrangements but at the time I did not care I had to wait another 2 days, what was 2 days really? - let me tell you when the 31st arrived and I had to wait those extra couple of days, they did actually feel like a lifetime but oh well, lesson learned I suppose. I was taken back to 2011, standing in the queue while waiting to finally see the last movie and wondering what was to come for the very last time. I had not had that feeling, that excitement over a book or movie since that day, but now it was back and I honestly could not wait.

The book finally arrived yesterday, I was working until 5oclock so I had to spend my entire shift anticipating what was waiting for me when I returned home. Returning home I immediately opened the cardboard that was used to protect and package the book, uncovering my very own copy of the beautiful new book. Since purchasing my kindle several years ago, it's a rare occurrence for me to purchase a physical book rather than the kindle version, and I had forgot how great it felt to hold and own a brand new book.

Since it only arrived yesterday I have not had the chance to read much yet, in fact I have hardly read any of the book, I am off to visit my best friend in just over a week, which involves a train journey of over 5 hours. I am hoping to try and restrain myself from reading it until then, I will be in serious need of something to entertain me throughout the journey. However, the point of this post was not to review the story, tell you my opinions on how I feel about the script and if my excitement for December 14th has become heightened. No, that post will come later. This post was simply to share my feelings on the fact that the Magic has finally returned, the last 5 years of my life since Harry Potter came to an end have definitely not been Harry Potter free. But it's feels good to know that the magic is back, and Harry Potter is once again returning to the spotlight.


You Might Also Like

0 comments